Builders Uk – Is there a set time builders are allowed to work in a residential area?

Our new neighbours have had work starting at 6:30am and finishing at 8pm. I'm pretty sure there are laws which are meant to stop this?

In most municipalities, the construction hours are from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Check with your building department to be sure. Hope this helps.

Environmental Health are the people. Your local council should have a link online. Usually speaking to the neighbour and/or builder solves the problem

"Where residential dwellings are likely to be affected by noise, the hours of noisy works must be restricted to:-

Monday to Friday: 8am to 6pm
Saturday: 8am to 1pm
Sunday and bank holidays: no noisy activities on site

Instructions should be given to ensure that vehicles and plant arriving at and leaving the site comply with the stated hours of work. "

By law your neighbours should not be allowing workmen to start so early. They should not be working so late either. Any work which creates a noise nuisance has to be carried out within a reasonable time, and that's NOT ON! I hate inconsiderate people who make lives a misery for others. Telephone your local Council's Environmental Health department and tell them of the problem.

A lot of municipalities limit the times outdoor construction is permitted while allowing work within a closed structure to continue subject only to noise bylaws.

The sound of hammers, circular saws often does violate noise bylaws late in the evening or early in the morning. But I think they would likely be safe from 6:30 am to 8PM in most areas.

There would be a lot of hostility to closing down employment unnecessarily right now.

Yes there are.
08.00 18.00 Mon-Fri
08.00 13.00 sat
No work on Sunday unless its emergency work.
Get in touch with the council (environmental health) they will soon put a stop to this. If they ignore the council they can shut down the works.

Yes there is, but u have to call or go see your municipal building, and they will tell you the legal times for work to begin and to stop.

This would be based on local laws, so you will have to consult with the authorities in your area. Check with the office where you would get a building permit.

Let them get on with it, sooner they`ll of finished


Comments are closed.